what should I wear to the events?
Dress natural for you. If you wouldn't be caught dead in a suit jacket or heels, don't wear it.
Women typically wear fashion forward pants (think skinny jeans or really nice dark jeans) and a cute top (show off the assets- shoulders, neck, décolleté) or dress it up with a cute, sexy dress. Heels are a pain (of course) but make every woman look great.
Men typically wear nice pressed jeans or slacks and a polo/button down or suit jacket. Please no scruffy gym shoes. Believe it or not, women really notice those things.
Go light on the cologne and perfume. I've been to a few events with some over sprayed singles.... instant turn off.
When dressier or more casual attire is appropriate, it is specified for the event.
how many people attend each event?
It depends on what sort of event it is! Remember these events are advertised on Facebook, Meetup, this Website, newspapers and a private e-mailing list of over 5,000. If one website only shows 5 RSVP'd, rest assure more people are coming. If there was ever a lack of response to an event, the event will be postponed or canceled with full refund.
what will the events cost?
The cost of the events vary and are specified for each event. Speed dating can range from $30 to $50 depending upon the venue and what is included. Social events such as cooking classes and bus trips range due to the price of the event. As a group we are able to secure events at a lower price then you would usually be able to do on your own.
can you contact someone for me after an event?
Possibly. The facebook local page and this website do have a limited search feature that you are welcome to use. If you send an email to the host of the nights event we may be able to locate and email that person for you. Contact information will never be given out without both parties permission.
is there a membership fee?
Currently there is not a membership fee.
what should one expect from a mingle around event?
- To meet some great people. You might not walk away with an instant love connection, but you may make a few new friends.
- The opportunity to frequent a few new places. We have events every week and like to try new bars and restaurants.
- The chance to try new things. Mingle Around loves to host events that are just out of the normal range of activities.
- Travel and trips to new places.
- Learning experiences. You're never to old to learn something new!
- Constantly meeting new people. Mingle Around hosts events with other local clubs and groups, adding to the mix.
what happens if I need to cancel a reservation?
Each event description includes a specific refund and cancellation policy. Basically, our goal is to provide as much flexibility as possible. Please contact your event host with any questions.